I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions expressed are my own.
Happy Monday y’all! I am so sorry for the technical difficulty on Friday in which you received an email with this title but no content!
Today I am sharing your essential guide to the glow for your perfect day!
6-12 MONTHS BEFORE
- Now is the perfect time to find a wonderful aesthetician and start coming in for monthly facials. Your Aesthetician can analyze your skin and get you on a treatment plan as well as an at-home regimen to make your skin look its absolute best for your special day! I definitely recommend some mild peels and dermaplaning to really refresh your skin.
- If you are looking to treat skin concerns such as hyper-pigmentation or broken capillaries and are interested in laser treatments, 6-12 months before the big day is great timing.
- If you’ve never had your eyebrows shaped by a professional, this is a great investment.
- It is also time to choose your makeup artist and have a trial run. Also, purchase your lip color so that you can do touch ups during the day!
- Want gorgeously long lashes without having to get lash extensions? Your Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon (or even your PCP!) can prescribe Latisse– a proven cosmetic topical eye solution that you apply to the lash line that extends the Anagen or growth phase of your lashes. It takes a full 16 weeks to see the results, so this is why I recommend starting it 6 months before!
3 MONTHS BEFORE
- For a flawless face, I always recommend that my brides start incorporating brightening products into their regimen, no matter what their skin type. My favorites are CE Ferulic in the morning and the Advanced Pigment Corrector in the evening, both by SkinCeuticals.
- If you’ve been thinking about trying Botox Cosmetic or fillers, 3 months prior gives you a buffer to see what your final result will be and make any adjustments just before your wedding day. (For example- fillers can be reversed and Botox typically wears off by 3 months)
4-6 WEEKS BEFORE
- Choose a special scent for the day. Our olfactory system is incredibly sensitive and is tied with our memory, as it is the only sense that is directly connected to the brain. Choose a scent you have never used before, so that each time you smell it it reminds you of this special time! I went with Jo Malone London’s Orange Blossom. Every single time I smell it it takes me back to that blissful day- the excitement, the nerves, the celebration, and the feeling of a brand new life beginning! I am also very interested in the meaning of flowers from Victorian times- the Orange Blossom represents Innocence, Fertility, Eternal Love, Marriage and Fruitfulness.
1-2 WEEKS BEFORE
- Go in for your last pre-wedding facial- I recommend a dermaplaning with a light peel. If you know how your skin reacts, you can even do this just a few days before the big day for a flawless glow! Your Aesthetician will know your skin best by now and can make a proper pre-event recommendation.
- Please resist the temptation to go tanning “just for the wedding day”. Instead, get a spray tan a few days before by an experienced professional who can give you the perfect glow!